Thanks to donors like you, 2018 has been SOS’s most successful year yet! We were able to help more people with more resources than ever before, due in no small part to your record-breaking support of each of our community’s events and campaigns. This year, our Shine Your Light For The Holidays Campaign is hoping to raise $250,000 to help us further our work in ending homelessness.
In the last year:
*80% of our shelter guests successfully moved into their own housing,
*97% of our housed clients are still in their home one year later, and
*over 3,000 men, women, and children received support through our programs.
We are asking you to help us start 2019 off right, with the resources necessary to:
1) respond to the immediate needs of community members experiencing homelessness,
2) support and empower them in achieving long-term housing stability within a supportive community,
3) champion solutions for systemic barriers to ending homelessness and poverty, and
4) engage and enable our community as change agents in achieving our vision.
We truly appreciate whatever amount you are able to contribute. Thank you for your generosity, and for your belief in our work.
Thanks to our Presenting Sponsor, Epsilon, all gifts made by visiting shineyourlight4theholidays.org will be matched 1:1. That means your gift goes further, and means so much more to the people we serve.
How your gift can help:
- $15 supports one night of food and shelter for a neighbor in need
- $60 provides one month of transportation services
- $100 provides a family with warmth and electricity for one month in their own home
- $180 provides one month of case management to ensure those who secure housing, maintain it
- $1,000 ($83/mo) covers the cost of a deposit to move someone out of homelessness and into housing
You may be able to double or even triple your donation through an employer match. Click here to search if your employer will match your donation to SOS.